Valley Garden Center is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization that was
incorporated in 1939. We are completely self-supporting due to the
support of our garden clubs and plant societies, rentals for weddings,
and our fund raising activities and events.
The Valley Garden Center was incorporated on July 11, 1939. In
December 1946, a lease was signed with the City of Phoenix Parks Board
for a strip of land in Encanto park on 15th Avenue, bounded by
Coronado and Holly Streets, for 99 years at a cost of $1.00 per year.
In January 1948, the Rose Garden was
established between Palm Lane and Holly Street. The Valley Garden
Center building was started in July 1948, and was completed and
dedicated in January, 1949. The building and Courtyard Gardens are
located on 15th Avenue between Coronado Street and Palm Lane.